20151028

Dare the Dream

There is something that keeps bothering me once in while - when I wake up in the nights, when I endlessly stare at my monitor, or when I take a lonely walk - wondering if what I wanted to do is an impractical realization of a distant reality! 

The world doesn't care about the nearly one hundred attempts that ended up like stuff in Davy Jones Locker. I stopped caring about such things; but never did I stop trying! Taking time off the already tiresome research schedule to learn something so basic that a tenth grade student would say "its a piece of cake!" However, the interest kept me going.

I would be lying to myself if I said this couldn’t be one of my rare accomplishments. The truth, however, is the other way around - I got lucky this time! 

I remember the quote one of my friends wrote on his ghot pad: “when hard work is your weapon, victory becomes your slave”. Well, I suppose that is true. That is what places Batman among the Supermans, Dravid among the Tendulkars, humans among gods! 

For three years, my mind maintained a good balance between my interests in the two fields. And I am proud of it! Sometimes it is advantageous to be ambitious, take risks, and shoot for the stars. And, sometimes it is better to plan a strategy, take it slow, and play safe. I chose the later, which I believe is the right choice, given the circumstances. 

I do not know when, but for sure, I know now that, I am closer than ever, to pursuing that, which is, no more an impractical realization of a distant reality - from a passionate structural engineering to an enthusiastic computational biologist. 

Life is all about appreciating the small things that bring a smile on your face!

Sundar

2 comments:

  1. Bade log, bade baatein ;) my impractical realization of a distant reality- sleeping for two hours straight :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are free to visit our shrinkage home! :P

    ReplyDelete